How a composite is manufactured is vital to its final performance. With so many choices out there, it can often be hard to know which one to choose.
This Composite Manufacturing Fundamentals course expands the "core four" layup techniques by looking at the offshoots of these and the ancillary supporting processes.
This course has been created to cater to a range of different roles including:
- Design Engineers
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Line and Operation Managers
- Senior Technicians
- Quality Professionals
- Project Engineers / Managers
- Supply Chain Engineers / Managers
This course covers:
- The generic manufacturing steps from material to product
- Recap and more detail on the "core four" manufacturing techniques
- Alternative manufacturing techniques (i.e. filament winding, spray layup, HP-RTM etc)
- Ancillary process overview (i.e. material handling, trimming, assembly)
- Where automation is and can be added
At the very least, we would expect people to know the basic materials and processes used in composites.
We can deliver this at your facility for £200 per person up to 10 people per group*. We can also deliver this at a local venue near you for a small additional price.
The course is one day (0900 - 1630) with all of it in an interactive classroom setting.
*minimum of 4 people required
This course is a great platform for you pick a manufacturing technique to investigate further. Have a look at our range of practical courses for more.
Alternatively, if you want expand your knowledge in other areas, we would recommend looking at: