Wet layup is the oldest technique of manufacturing composites. While it is easy to learn, it is hard to master and skilled laminators are readily sort after in the industry.
This Wet Layup Fundamentals training course will give you the toolset to get you on the road to mastering this technique.
This course is primarily aimed at technicians and operators from those new to composites but can also be for:
- Direct line managers
- Manufacturing / Production Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Senior Managers
- Experienced technicians converting to wet layup
- Technicians looking to get a refresher as well as hints and tips
This course covers:
- Materials that are typically used
- Storing, cutting and handling dry materials
- Mixing and preparing resins
- Application of gel coat layers
- Basic ply layup and roller consolidation
- Balancing resin content and fibre coverage
Students should have a basic understanding of what a composite is but some of this will be reinforced on this course.
This is a practical course so should be happy working within a workshop environment and with a basic understanding of simple hand tools.
We can deliver this at your facility for £460 per person up to 10 people per group*. We can also deliver this at a local venue near you for a small additional price.
The course is two days (0900 - 1630) with some theory but as much practical as possible.
*minimum of 4 people required
Once you have got a grip of the basics, the key is to practice more on different shapes. We can create training courses on the specific parts you need. Just get in touch to find out more.
Alternatively, have a look at some of the alternative manufacturing techniques to allow you to manufacture composites with a range of different skills